Land Information System
"Land Information System is an automated development of Cadastral Mapping."
This can be further divided into:
Urban GIS & Rural GIS
Urban GIS/ Municipal GIS - Albireo Telematics, is a total solution provider for every range of land related activities encompassing techno ware, info ware and human ware, using the technology of GIS on a turnkey basis and develops customized packages suitable for “e-governance”.
An LIS (Land Information System) is designed specifically to create, visualize, analyze, report and publish land-based data such as:
- Parcel Information
- Land Use
- General Property Information, using GIS
LIS as a tool for Government:
- For maintaining land records like:
- » Deeds Registry
- » Deeds Registry
- » Title Insurance & abstracting
- Zoning administration
- Other uses of knowing land ownership are:
- » Plat Maps review
- » Building Inspection
- » Land Use Planning
- » Protected Area Designation, Monitoring
- » Parks And Open Space
- » Infrastructure Management
- » Public Utilities
LIS as a tool for Public:
Public require local land information system for:
- Land Conveyances
- Land Tax Assessment
Moreover, it is necessary for many public programs, like:
- Land Planning
- Infrastructure Development & Maintenance
- Environmental Protection & Resource Management
- Emergency Services
- Social Service Programs
LIS in Municipalities:
- Proper Land Utilization
- Allocation of Land Resources
- To minimize vexatious boundary disputes.
- Civil litigation to safeguard the survey framework on ground.
- Computerization of numeric data of each Survey Field.
- Accurate Digitized maps to work as an efficient decision making tool.
Rural GIS- LIS will provide the planners:
- An accurate spatial view of the district at-
- » District Level
- » Block Level
- » Village Level
- » Road And Rail Network
- » Drainage Network
- Detailed demographic data, education & health related data on desktop in a GIS environment.