Ground Water Mapping
ATPL expertise in developing maps of groundwater levels:
- To estimate groundwater flow direction and velocity,
- To assess groundwater vulnerability,
- To locate landfills and wastewater disposal sites,
- To hydrologic and pollutant transport models.
Groundwater mapping includes:
- Ground hydro geological surveys
- Conventional hydro geological maps
- Identifying the groundwater conditions which depends upon:
- The relief, slope, depth of weathering
- Nature of weathered material
- Presence of fractures
- Surface water bodies, canals, irrigated fields etc.
- Integration of the lithological, landform, structural and hydrological data sets, supported by correlation models.